Workforce Development for the Polymer Industry
Mississippi Polymer Institute’s Workforce Development short courses are specifically designed to improve your company’s overall profitability and to help advance the polymer industry in Mississippi.
We are an established workforce development partner that has provided solutions for more than 18 years and trained thousands of employees for hundreds of Mississippi companies. We are committed to providing your company’s employees with the critical knowledge, skills and ability for your company to compete globally.
MPI will work with you to tailor the content and format of each of our courses to the specific needs of your organization. Each course is available on-site and off-site. In addition to training courses, we will implement, in your organization, many of the concepts that we teach.
Our courses are interactive, and participation is encouraged to achieve content mastery.
Contact MPI today to receive your free personalized training solution quote.
MPI’s injection molding training is a three-day course designed for employees who are involved in operating, maintaining or managing injection molding machines. The content areas covered by the course are:
- Injection molding basics
- Troubleshooting defects
- Processing for profit
- Understanding plastics
- Injection mold setup
- Establishing an injection molding process
- Understanding processing parameters
- Process control systems
- Injection molding hydraulics
- Injection mold maintenance
MPI’s extrusion training is a two-day course designed for employees involved in operating, maintaining or managing extrusion equipment. The content areas covered by the course are as follows:
- Extrusion machinery
- Instrumentation and control
- Plastics and plastic properties in extrusion
- How an extruder works
- How to run an extruder
- How to troubleshoot extrusion problems
- Understanding plastics
MPI offers training to improve the overall quality of your plant and products. From statistical process control to advanced Six Sigma Black Belt training, we’ve got you covered.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Basic and Applying SPC/ Design of Experiments (DOE) Training
- Six Sigma Black Belt Training
Profitability training (Lean Manufacturing Suite):
MPI’s Lean Manufacturing Suite is part of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standardized courses that are taught nationwide. Our courses will integrate seamlessly throughout your supply chain and from plant to plant nationwide. Some of our key offerings in Lean Manufacturing are as follows:
- Principles of Lean Manufacturing with Simulation (LE 101)
- Value Stream Mapping with Plant Simulation (LE 202)
- Visual Workplace/5S System (LE 203)
- Setup-Reduction with Simulation (LE 204)
- Cellular Flow Manufacturing with Simulation (LE 205)
- Total Productive Maintenance (LE 207)
- Lean Tools for the Office with Simulation
- Office Value Stream Mapping
- Lean Manufacturing Certificate Course
- Kaizen Events
MPI in action: Composites workforce training for GE Aviation